Terms and Conditions of the Business Competition 2021
To qualify for entry, applicants must:
- Either be aged 16 years or over and live in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Moray or Perthshire, or be an enrolled student of the University of the Highlands and Islands or any of its academic partners..
- Not be actively trading/registered with HMRC prior to 26 March 2020.
- Submit this completed entry form to be received at Inverness College UHI, by midday Friday, 26 March 2021.
- Ensure that if they are a current or contracted member of staff of the University of the Highlands and Islands or any of its academic partners, they MAY enter where the entry refers to a business idea that is independent to their current post within the university or its academic partners.
- Be available to come and discuss your idea and attend a prizegiving at Inverness College UHI on a date to be advised during May 2021.
- Accept that the competition organisers’ and judges’ decisions are final.
- Confirm the idea submitted is your own intellectual property.
Our panel of experts and the competition organisers have signed a confidentiality agreement.
If you would like this form in another format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01463 273267 as soon as possible with your requirements.
Advice on Completing the Form
If you have any queries about this form, e-mail email@example.com
or phone 01463 273267 (please leave a message if unavailable and we will return your call as soon as possible).
What happens next?
Our panel of experts will review all submitted forms and produce a shortlist. All of the shortlisted candidates will be invited, by appointment, to attend Inverness College UHI on a date to be advised in May 2021, either virtually or in person, when they will:
- Meet the judges to discuss their idea.
- Meet further terms and conditions, if applicable, to be eligible for award funds.
- Be invited to the prizegiving event either virtually or in person at Inverness College UHI.
Please note that where applicable reasonable travel and accommodation costs may be payable to shortlisted entrants to attend the finals day on a date to be advised in May 2021, subject to agreement with the competition organisers.
Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they take all necessary precautions to guard any Intellectual Property. Entrants should contact the administrators of this competition in advance if there are any queries regarding Intellectual Property.
2021 Competition Sponsors
The Business Competition is organised by the following strategic partners CREATE, Creating Enterprise and Innovation as part of the Centre for Remote and Sustainable Communities, the University of the Highlands and Islands, and Inverness College UHI, with additional funding and support from The Apprentice Store, Engineers in Business Fellowship, Harper Macleod LLP, Impact 30, Impact Hub Inverness, Jimmy Hendry Eng Tech LCGI FCIPHE RP, Master Plumber, Johnston Carmichael and the Northern Innovation Hub.