Terms and Conditions of the Business Competition 2023
To qualify for entry, applicants must:
- Either be aged 16 years or over and live in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Moray, Perthshire or Argyll, or be an enrolled student of the University of the Highlands and Islands or any of its academic partners..
- Not be actively trading/registered with HMRC prior to 18 April 2022.
- Submit this completed entry form to be received at UHI Inverness, by midday Tuesday, 18 April 2023.
- Ensure that if you are a current or contracted member of staff of UHI or any of its academic partners, you MAY enter where the entry refers to a business idea that is independent to your current post within the university or its academic partners.
- Be available to come and discuss your idea and attend a prizegiving at UHI Inverness on 24 May 2023.
- Accept that the competition organisers’ and judges’ decisions are final.
- Confirm the idea submitted is your own intellectual property.
Our panel of experts and the competition organisers have signed a confidentiality agreement.
If you would like this form in another format please contact email@example.com
or call 01463 273267 as soon as possible with your requirements.
Advice on Completing the Form
If you have any queries about this form, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 01463 273267 (please leave a message if unavailable and we will return your call as soon as possible).
What happens next?
Our panel of experts will review all submitted forms and produce a shortlist. All of the shortlisted candidates will be invited, by appointment, to attend UHI Inverness on 24 May 2023, either virtually or in person, when they will:
- Meet the judges to discuss their idea.
- Meet further terms and conditions, if applicable, to be eligible for award funds.
- Be invited to the prizegiving event either virtually or in person at Inverness College UHI.
Please note that where applicable reasonable travel and accommodation costs may be payable to shortlisted entrants to attend the finals day on 24 May 2023, subject to agreement with the competition organisers.
Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they take all necessary precautions to guard any Intellectual Property. Entrants should contact the administrators of this competition in advance if there are any queries regarding Intellectual Property.
2023 Competition Sponsors
The Business Competition is organised by the following strategic partners CREATE, Highlands and Islands Hub for Enterprise and Innovation as part of the UHI Centre for Living Sustainability, UHI, and UHI Inverness, with additional funding and support from The Apprentice Store, Engineers in Business Fellowship, Harper Macleod LLP, Johnston Carmichael, the Northern Innovation Hub and Whyte & Mackay.